BHIA Community House Rules
- All use of the House must be scheduled in advance with one of the House Chairs. Scheduling is on a first come first served basis. Keys are available on request.
- Community House usage is free to all Members in good standing.
- Please check to see that all equipment (stove, bathroom, heat, lights, etc.) is functional at the conclusion of your event. If there is a problem, please report it to the House Chair.
- Please leave the House “ship shape in Bristol fashion.” Clean counters, utensils and appliances, sweep floor, remove trash, store tables and chairs. Should be left neat & clean.
- Trash must be taken with you when you are through.
- Take all decorations, leftover food, etc., home with you.
- The BHIA claims no responsibility for items left in the Community House.
- Users will be held responsible for the full cost of repair for any damage incurred.
Note: To reserve, please contact one of the House Chairs (Shari deWolf or Ann Gardner).
- Do not use Tennis Court if it is wet.
- Tennis shoes only on court (no soccer, “terrain,” or other spiked/knobbed shoes allowed, they tear up the court!).
- Play only one set if others are waiting. You must yield immediately to anyone who has the court properly signed out on the board.
- Sign-ups are limited to one per household on the Sign-up Board at any one time.
- Adults have priority on Holidays, Weekends, and Evenings after 5.
- A Member must accompany guests.
- Brush court, including lines, after each use. Roll, if you feel up to it!
- No dogs allowed on Court.
- Lock after each use and return key, if borrowed.
Note: Keys available from Tennis Chair (Howard Baldwin).
- The beach lot (including the adjacent Parking Lot) is for the use of members. Members must accompany guests at all times. Beach privileges are not construed to regularly extend to relatives and others who live beyond the limits of the Highlands area, except for Associate Members.
- Beach privileges are extended only to those members whose dues are paid at the time of attendance at the beach.
- The enclosed area south of the dock and directly west of the beach is designated for swimming only, with no water craft allowed.
- Boating between the dock and the raft shall be restricted so as not to interfere with swimmers.
- The area to the North side of the dock is designated for watercraft only, with no swimming allowed.
- Parents are responsible for the safety of their children. SMALL CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED AT THE BEACH.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Watercraft over 16’ in length must be removed from Beach between Oct 15th – Apr 15th
- Property not owned by members may not be stored at the Beach.
- All BHIA watercraft kept at the Beach for the season must be registered with the Beach Chair. A note or e-mail, clearly identifying your vessel, will do.
- All watercraft not registered with the Beach Chair will be disposed of appropriately.
- Jumping from the railing or pier is not permitted!
- Users of the beach are asked to bring out all trash they bring in.
- Users of the beach are asked to use safe practices on the beach, dock, and rafts.
- The parking lot is for the exclusive use of BHIA members.
- The BHIA is not liable for accidents occurring on its property.
Beach Chairs are Chip Cavallaro & George Demopulos